Amazon Affiliate Program | everything you Need To Know About Amazon Affiliate Marketing.
Are you wondering what is Amazon Affiliate Program and How To make money and How to get started with the Amazon Affiliate Program?
Thus, in this post, I’m going to tell you how you can start making passive income with the help of the Amazon Affiliate Program.
The Amazon Affiliate Program is also called “Amazon Associates”. It was started in 1996 Amazon Affiliate Program is the best and easy way to monetize your website, blog, or YouTube channel. You just have to sign up and wait for the approval of your affiliate account.
Here, you can make money online simply by promoting affiliate links on your website, blog, or YouTube channel. When someone makes an Amazon purchase by using one of your links, you get the commission — it’s that simple.
Now, you will find step by step guide to become a part of the Amazon Affiliate Program, the pros, and cons of Amazon Associate, ways to promote affiliate links, and the commission rate of products. I hope you’ll find this guide a helpful place to start.
Pros of Becoming an Amazon Affiliate
There are several great reasons to join the Amazon Associates program, including:
- Amazon is a highly visited, well-known name that people use and trust every day.
- It’s free to join.
- There are no traffic thresholds or other metrics you need to be accepted into the program.
- There are tons and tons of products you can promote.
- Amazon has many tools to help you sell specific items or categories of items.
- There is a good reporting system so you know what’s getting clicks and what’s selling.
- You can receive direct deposit payments into your bank account.
- Amazon offers good customer service to its buyers, so you reduce the risk of having your visitors get mad at you if they have a problem with the product.
Cons Of The Amazon Affiliate Program
Indeed, nothing is ever perfect, including the Amazon affiliate program. Here are a few downsides:
- If you have a U.S. site and are promoting products in the Amazon U.S. store, you won’t get credit for referring someone who ends up buying the product from outside the country (i.e. Amazon UK).
- Payment options are only through direct deposit, check, or Amazon gift card. There’s no PayPal option.
- The minimum payout is $100, which isn’t that much if you make lots of sales, but a lot of you’re only earning a few dollars a month.
- The commission rate is relatively low compared to other affiliate programs, 6-10% depending on the items. It offers flat-rate for the bounty programs, such as $15 for business account sign-ups, $3 for Prime referrals, and $5 for Audible referrals.
- Their cookies only last 24-hours. That means if your referral doesn’t buy within 24 hours, you won’t get credit. (However, if the product is added to their cart, the cookie lasts 90 days.)
• You’re not allowed to send Amazon affiliate links in emails. That includes blog posts that get sent as an email. Since email is an excellent way to send great offers to your readers, this rule is particularly disappointing.
How To Get Started With Amazon Affiliate Program-
- Make an Amazon Affiliate Associate account.
- Build a website or blog
- Create Amazon Affiliate links
- Promote your Amazon Affiliate links
1. Make An Amazon Affiliate Associate Account
First, you have to open the Amazon Associate site then follow the below steps to create an account:-
1. Enter your personal information.
Here, all you have to do is just fill the given space with your basic details like- username, name, address, phone number of your payee.
Enter your website
Provide the details and addresses of your website, blog or YouTube channel, etc.
2. Enter your preferred Store id
Enter the preferred Store id of your choice. Explain your website hope.
Select the type of product you would like to promote on your site or YouTube channel.
3. About your Traffic source
Explain how much traffic you will be able to drive monthly to your site, blog, apps, or YouTube channel. And how much your site will bring traffic to your affiliate links to generate a passive income per month.
4. Verify your account
Enter your phone to verify it by entering 4- digit code by SMS or by calling me option. When ou enter the code your account will be approved in minutes.
5. Payment options
Now, choose your payment options by check, draft, online account transfer. The best option is an online bank transfer. After choosing the online bank transfer option enter the payee name, bank details.
Be double-sure after entering your bank details.
2. Build your website or blog
After creating your account in Amazon Associate, all you need is an active website, blog, YouTube channel, or app. You make your blog or website by using WordPress, blogger, Wix, or Tumblr.
These are the best and easy to use to make a website in simple steps. And you can also use your website or blog to make money online by approving it from Google Adsense and different methods.
Click here to know How to make money blogging.
3. Create Amazon Affiliate links
Now, after creating an Affiliate Associate Account and building your blog or website all you have to do is to create affiliate links and promote them.
How to create affiliate links?
Then, click on” browse product” or ‘quick links search for product’.It allows searching for a specific product.
Browse for any product and after getting your product results to click on the “get link” option.
Customize your link by choosing an ad with text and image, text only, image only or widget and color, background color, size of an image.
Preview your link before applying on your site.
Now, copy the link HTML, short link, or HTML and place it on your website.
4. Promote your Amazon Associate link
First, you should do is sign up for Google webmaster to generate a sitemap for your content.
Second, Get help with the Quuu to promote your affiliate content on social media. You probably don’t get huge traffic from here but it is the easiest way to start.
The best way to drive huge traffic is to write guest posts on another famous site to backlink from it. You Just write a post on another site and give a link to your page to get a backlink from it.
Third, write a post of 2000+ words your page slowly starts ranking up in the Google search engine. As you add more content regularly your page will automatically rise in the Google search engine.
Do SEO for your page write content with an SEO point of view? Compare your title to other articles for the term you want to rank for and accurately describe the page using the meta description.
Finally, share your content on social media platforms like Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn to get high numbers of traffic.
A commission rate of Amazon Affiliate Program
Commission under Amazon Affiliate Program varies from product to product. Commission rates start from 2 to 10% depending on the Amazon product. Here is a list of products with their commission rate:-
1.0% for video games and game consoles
2.0% for televisions and digital download games
2.5% for computers, computer components, DVD and Blu-Ray
3.0% for toys
Amazon tablets and Kindle devices: 4.00%
4.5% for paper books, healthcare, personal care, sports, kitchen, car, and baby products: 4.50%
5.0% for digital music and video downloads; grocery items, handmade items, or musical instruments
6.0% for headphones, beauty products, musical instruments, business, and industrial supplies
7.0% for clothes and accessories, Amazon TVs, Amazon Echo products, and jewelry
8.0% for furniture, lawn, and garden, home improvement, pantry, and pet products
10.0% for Amazon fashion items and Amazon Coins
Always try to target the product of high commission for higher income.
Note- Here, your Amazon Affiliate Program account will be approved for 180 days. These days if you are not able to sell any products your account will be automatically closed. You can reapply for the account immediately.
So, I hope all of your questions regarding the Amazon Affiliate Program are solved if you want to make a high income by selling products always target the high commission rate product. Promote your Page on social media platforms or paid advertisements like Google ads to increase higher traffic to your site and to earn passive income.